- Where can I find information about the Tourism Australia (Maggie White) Students and Graduates Program?
- What areas of Tourism Australia is the Students and Graduates Program available in?
- I've already graduated. Am I still eligible to apply?
- I am an international student. Am I still eligible to apply?
- How do I complete and submit an application?
- When do applications open?
- Why is it called the 'Maggie White' program?
Where can I find information about the Tourism Australia (Maggie White) Students and Graduates Program?
The program gives Australian university students and graduates who are passionate about tourism and Australia the opportunity to gain valuable insights and skills in the tourism and marketing sector, working in various business units of Tourism Australia’s Sydney office.
The program offers a student internship, a professional cadetship and Indigenous cadetship, as well as a graduate program.
More information about the program is available here.
What areas of Tourism Australia is the Students and Graduates Program available in?
We have several different areas comprising of:
- Business Events: promotes Australia as a business and major events destination.
- Corporate Communications: manages the internal and external communications for Tourism Australia and with other government bodies.
- Global Insights: manages a comprehensive international and domestic market research and analysis program and generates insights about customers and markets for use in the strategic decision making process.
- Consumer/Brand Marketing: provides strategic direction to Tourism Australia in the ongoing development of the brand, as well as taking a leadership role in guiding our consumer marketing and brand strategies.
- Digital Marketing
- Event Management
- International Operations: supports the development and implementation of marketing activities across the world, including aviation development projects managed.
- Global Public Relations: Our team works with our global PR network and the Australian tourism industry to generate editorial coverage about Australia in the world's media channels and through advocacy programs. As Tourism Australia's story teller, we are responsible for generating news and advocacy across traditional and digital channels.
- Corporate Services: providing practical experience for Business, Law, Commerce students in the areas of Human Resources, Finance, Technology and Legal.
I've already graduated. Am I still eligible to apply?
I am an international student. Am I still eligible to apply?
Information about completing and submitting an application is available here.
Please check the program page for specific application dates.
Why is it called the 'Maggie White' program?
The program is named after Maggie White – one of Australian tourism’s most passionate advocates who sadly passed away in June 2015. Maggie was a much loved member of the travel industry and the Tourism Australia (TA) family, having worked with TA and its forerunner, the Australian Tourist Commission (ATC), for close to 25 years. Among many other achievements, she will be remembered for her work spearheading the ATC’s international marketing efforts to successfully leverage Australia’s hosting of the Sydney 2000 Olympic Games. Maggie was instrumental in growing awareness of and visitation to Australia from across South East Asia and India.
Find out more