The FOI Act establishes the Information Publication Scheme for Australian government agencies. The Information Publication Scheme commenced on 1 May 2011 and requires agencies to publish a broad range of information on their websites.
Tourism Australia is an agency subject to the FOI Act and is required to comply with the Information Publication Scheme requirements.
If you'd like to know more about how Tourism Australia gives effect to its publication obligations under the FOI Act, please see our Information Publication Plan.
If you'd like more information on requests made after 1 May 2011, please see our Disclosure Log.
Further information on the Information Publication Scheme is available from the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC) website.
Tourism Australia’s publications fall into the following four categories:
Who we are
- Find out more about our Board and Management
What we do
- Find out more about our mission
Our reports and responses to Parliament
- Annual reports
- Continuing Senate Order Indexed File Listing (January - June 2012)
- Senate Order Listing on Departmental and Agency Appointments (January 2011 - June 2012)
- Continuing Senate Order Indexed File Listing (January - June 2010)
- Continuing Senate Order Indexed File Listing (July - December 2010)
Operational and other corporate information
- Audit & Finance Committee Charter
- Board Charter
- Code of Conduct
- Contractor and Supplier Insurance Requirements Policy
- Delegations Instrument and Instructions
- Enterprise Agreement
- Exhibition of Live Animals Policy
- Fraud and Corruption Policy
- Guidelines for Industry Advisory Panels
- Procurement Disclosure
- Procurement Request for Tender template
- Procurement Policy
- Recruitment Policy
- Risk Management Policy
- Statement of Expectation
- Statement of Intent
- Work Health and Safety Policy
Tourism Australia is required by the FOI Act to publish a disclosure log on its website. The disclosure log lists information which has been released in response to an FOI access request. This requirement has applied since 1 May 2011.
The disclosure log requirement does not apply to:
- personal information about any person if publication of that information would be ‘unreasonable’;
- information about the business, commercial, financial or professional affairs of any person if publication of that information would be ‘unreasonable’;
- other information covered by a determination made by the Australian Information Commissioner if publication of that information would be ‘unreasonable’; or
- any information if it is not reasonably practicable to publish the information because of the extent of modifications that would need to be made to delete the information listed in the above dot points.
The information described in this disclosure log has been released by Tourism Australia under the FOI Act and is available for public access.
A link is provided if the information can be downloaded from this website or another website.
Information that is not available on a website may be obtained by writing to Freedom of Information Officer, Tourism Australia, GPO Box 2721, Sydney, NSW 1006, or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. A charge may be imposed to reimburse Tourism Australia for the cost incurred in copying or reproducing the information or sending it to you. There will be no charge for the time spent by Tourism Australia in processing the FOI request that led to this information being made available. You will be notified if any charge is payable and required to pay the charge before the information is provided.
There may be documents in the disclosure log that are currently not available in HTML format. If you are unable to read the format provided please contact the Freedom of Information Officer in writing at Tourism Australia, GPO Box 2721, Sydney, NSW 1006, or by email email@example.com. We will try to meet all reasonable requests for an alternative format of the document in a timely manner and at the lowest reasonable cost to you.
Information attached to, or referred to, in Tourism Australia's Disclosure Log will generally be removed after 12 months, unless the information has enduring public value.
To the extent that copyright in some of this material is owned by a third party, you may need to seek their permission before you can reuse that material.
|FOI reference number||Date of access||FOI request||Information published||Other information|
|TA0318||22 May 2018||
- Director emails relating to coral bleaching
- Internal documents relating to coral bleaching and/or the health of Australia's coral reefs that are not publicly available
- Guidlines issued by Tourism Australia to any private Australian tourism companies concerning the health of the coral reefs not publicly available
|Access granted in part, with redactions made per consulation with affected third parties; access refused in relation to third part - applicant notified that no documents existed||Access to released documents can be arranged by contacting: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|TA01181||N/A||Director emails relating to coral bleaching||N/A||Application withdrawn|
|TA01182||N/A||Internal documents relating to coral bleaching and/or the health of Australia's coral reefs||N/A||Application withdrawn|
|TA01183||N/A||Guidelines by Tourism Australia to any private Australian tourism companies concerning the health of the coral reefs||Access refused - applicant notified that no documents existed||No such documents existed|
|TA01184||N/A||Director emails relating to UNESCO's 2016 report World Heritage and Tourism in a Changing Climate||Access refused - applicant notified that no documents existed||No such documents existed|
|TA0817||14 August 2017||Documents relating to Tourism Australia’s request to access, and/or use of, metadata information Documents relating to Tourism Australia’s request to access, and/or use of, metadata information.||No documents met this criteria. Nothing to publish.||Nil|
|TA0116||4 June 2016||Documents relating to Tourism Australia’s sponsorship of David Attenborough’s Great Barrier Reef series.||Clarification sought in relation to scope of request from applicant.
No response received. Nothing to publish
|TA0715||13 August 2015||Documents about international travel taken by Tourism Australia's Sydney based employees in Bands 3 and 4 during the period March - July 2015.||One document met the criteria.||Nil|
|TA0215||16 February 2015||Correspondence between Tourism Australia and the Office of Andrew Robb between 9 September 2013 and 31 October 2014 that relates to the Boathouse, Palm Beach.||Two (2) documents that met the criteria||Nil|
|TA0115||21 January 2015||Documents relating to proposed or future tourism development of grants with The Entrance NSW 2261 and its surrounding areas.||No correspondence met this criteria. Nothing to publish.||Nil|
|TA214||11 March 2014||Letters written by select employees on the 2nd and 3rd December that ended in the letter 't'.||No correspondence met this criteria. Nothing to publish.||Nil|
|TA0114||11 March 2014||Correspondence from our Chairman to the Foreign Affairs Minister and from our Chairman to the Minister for Trade and Investment from Sept 2013 - Jan 2014.||Two (2) letters that met the criteria||Nil|