Australia on show at PURE Life Experiences 2015
11 November 2015
Australia was in the spotlight at luxury travel trade event PURE Life experiences, with 20 Australian suppliers attending the event held in Marrakech this month – the largest contingent of suppliers from any country.
The event, where Tourism Australia was the lead destination partner, included a seminar from Warwick Thornton who talked of his experience as co-director of ‘Aboriginal Australia – Our Country is Waiting for You’. The short film was then shown to 1,000 attendees during the Pure Awards ceremony, with the Indigenous theme continuing across the event.
At the PURE Awards on 9 November, high-end experiential travel company The Tailor took out the Innovative and Engaging Marketing Award for Tailor TV, a series of mini documentaries about Australia created by award-winning Discovery Channel filmmaker Luke Pike.
Australian suppliers attending Pure Life Experiences 2015 included two of Australia's Indigenous Champions.
Watch a highlights video of the first day of the event including the PURE Awards.
Australian supplier attendees:
- Alquemie (formerly Wilderness Australia)
- Baillie Lodges
- Cicada Lodge (Indigenous Champion)
- Emirates One&Only Wolgan Valley Australia
- Epic Private Journey
- Lizard Island and El Questro Homestead
- Lords Kakadu (Indigenous Champion)
- Luxury Lodges Of Australia
- North Star Cruises
- Orpheus Island, Great Barrier Reef
- Pretty Beach House
- qualia, Great Barrier Reef
- Saffire Freycinet
- Southern Crossings
- Spicers Retreats
- The Berkeley River Lodge
- The Great Escape Charter Company
- The Louise Barossa Valley
- The Tailor, Australia
- Wild Bush Luxury