12 December 2016
Tourism Australia and Qantas are inviting the Australian tourism industry to submit their best social posts from 2016. Three of the top submissions will win a return trip for two to see their content featured on the big screen at the G’Day LA Gala dinner on 28 January 2017 in Los Angeles.
HERE’S HOW TO TAKE PART:
Read the full terms and conditions.
Send us your submission at: firstname.lastname@example.org
In your email include:
- A link to your featured content either on your own social profiles or featured on a 3rd party social profile (i.e Tourism Australia’s Instagram account). Please only send us a link and not the full content files
- A short explanation (less than 200 words) on the background story of the post
- Detail any demonstrable results that were achieved from your post. This could be increase in bookings, visitation, media coverage or sharing on 3rd party social profiles
Winning entries will be awarded in three categories:
- Best Photo
- Best Video
- Best overall social post
The competition is open to Australian tourism operators and only one submission per business can be submitted - so make sure you choose your very best.
A panel of judges from Tourism Australia and Qantas will be looking for photos and videos that best showcase Australia as a memorable and desirable holiday destination. This could be content captured by guests or by the individual operator themselves, and must have been featured either on the business’s social media profiles, their State & Territory Organisation’s profiles or Tourism Australia’s profiles.
Award winners will receive:
- 2 return economy class tickets on a QF flight from any capital city in Australia to Los Angeles
- 2 nights accommodation
- 2 tickets to the G’Day USA Gala
Competition announcement: Friday 9 December 2016
Competition open: From 12pm (AEST) Friday 9 December to 5:30pm (AEST) Wednesday 4 January 2017 5:30pm
Judging: Thursday 5 January 2017 - Friday 6 January 2017
Winner announcement: Monday 9 January 2017
G’Day USA Gala: Saturday 28 January 2017