Tips for Surviving Coronavirus
25 March 2020
Online resources and support
There are a number of great online resources, courses and webinars available for tourism operators at the moment. Some examples are below:
- Australian Tourism Export Council (ATEC) - COVID-19 Industry information & support
- STR webinar on 27 March - COVID-19 impact on Pacific region hotel performance
- Tourism E School – COVID-19 Immediate Response Action Plan for Destinations
- Yarra Ranges Tourism – Crisis Management in the time of COVID-19
- Business Australia – Business Guide to Coronavirus
- Facebook - Clarity amid the COVID-19 outbreak: Communication guides for businesses and business grants
Keep communicating with your customers
Your online presence is more important than ever.
Keep posting great content on social media to remind your customers you are still there and waiting for them when they can travel again.
Remember, your message should include the need to stay safe now, but encourage dreaming about the next holiday.
SHARE YOUR STORIES OF RESILIENCE AND INNOVATION
Travel media and journalists are still looking for interesting travel content.
So, while consumers can’t travel at the moment, many businesses are adapting their offering and providing virtual and online tourism experiences to keep their consumers engaged.
If you have any stories about how your business is innovating in the time of coronavirus, please send them through to: