Our vision is to make Australia the most desirable (first time visitors) and memorable (attracting repeat visitors) destination on earth - because this underpins everything we do at Tourism Australia.
Our vision is aligned to our core values support at Tourism Australia. They are the essence of our identity and provide the guiding principles to our behaviour and the relationships we have with our customers and partners. Our values are:
- Genuine: We are real and authentic and truly believe in what we do
- Innovative: We aim to be the best in the business in everything that we do
- United: We are one global team and value relationships
- Positive: We are optimistic and always look on the bright side
- Commercial: We think strategically and we deliver results.
Tourism Australia Act 2004
Tourism Australia is a corporate Commonwealth entity and was established by the Tourism Australia Act 2004.
Under section 6 of the Tourism Australia Act 2004, Tourism Australia’s main objectives are to:
- to influence people to travel to Australia, including for events,
- to influence people travelling to Australia to also travel throughout Australia,
- to influence Australians to travel throughout Australia, including for events, *
- to help foster a sustainable tourism industry in Australia, and
- to help increase the economic benefits to Australia from tourism.
* While the legislation outlines domestic functions, Tourism Australia is not currently engaged in domestic tourism marketing activities. This change in Tourism Australia’s remit came into effect in 2013, and is outlined in the Minister for Trade, Tourism and Investment’s Statement of Expectations for Tourism Australia.