Tourism Australia has updated its Reconciliation Action Plan (RAP) for 2014-16 to further strengthen our commitment to closing the gap between Indigenous and non-Indigenous Australians.
The RAP identifies defined targets and goals to engage with Indigenous peoples, Tourism Australia’s staff and partners to increase the promotion of Indigenous tourism experiences. The RAP focuses on three key areas:
- To increase awareness of Indigenous tourism experiences and cultures across the tourism distribution network and via direct channels;
- To raise the profile of Indigenous tourism across government agencies.
- To raise awareness and recognition of the aspirations, cultures and achievements of Indigenous Australians amongst Tourism Australia staff;
- To develop and strengthen our relationships with Indigenous stakeholders and the communities they represent.
- To support and encourage programs that build the capacity of Indigenous tourism operators within the tourism industry;
- To employ, develop and promote Indigenous peoples and identify mentoring opportunities for their young people interested in joining the tourism industry.
View Tourism Australia’s Reconciliation Action Plan 2014-16.