Aboriginal experiences offer the kind of life changing, immersive experiences, which make a great itinerary awesome and most of all memorable.
Australia is home to the oldest living culture on Earth and Aboriginal guides across the country offer a real connection to the place and a new way of experiencing it. Every part of Australia is Aboriginal country and every part of that country has a series of stories and experiences that are unique to it.
Discover Aboriginal Experiences is a collective of quality, authentic Aboriginal guided tourism offerings. This collective is part of Tourism Australia’s Signature Experiences of Australia Program that packages and promotes Australia’s outstanding tourism products.
Aboriginal guides are warm, welcoming and extremely generous of spirit. They are keen to share their story and give an insight into their culture. They bring the landscape to life allowing visitors to gain a deeper appreciation of Australia.
Discover Aboriginal Experiences offers an exciting array of activities and tours such as tasting bush tucker, experiencing the healing powers of nature, fishing, discovering ancient rock art, dot painting, kayaking, quad biking and outback dining under a canopy of stars. Adventure seekers, cultural enthusiasts, foodies and nature lovers, will benefit from the extensive knowledge and insights an Aboriginal guide can provide.
Aboriginal Australia film
View our latest film ‘Aboriginal Australia: Our Country is waiting for You’ for inspiration.
- Discover Aboriginal Experiences flyer
- Discover Aboriginal Experiences fact sheets by state and territory
- Discover Aboriginal Experiences Media Kit
- Discover Aborginal Experiences brochure
- Images and videos — a further great selection of images and films are available to download free from Tourism Australia’s image and video galleries.
- Training module — for our trade distribution partners, we have a dedicated Aussie Specialists module. This module provides an overview of our rich and diverse Aboriginal tourism experiences and shares an insight into Aboriginal culture. Learn about the key destinations where visitors can participate in Aboriginal experiences.