Who's Who In The Tourism Industry
Tourism Australia is the Australian Government agency responsible for international tourism marketing. Tourism Australia’s role is to:
- Influence people to travel to and throughout Australia.
- Increase the economic benefits to Australia from tourism.
- Help foster a sustainable tourism industry in Australia.
Find out more about Australia's tourism policy via Austrade, The Australian Trade Commission.
State Tourism Organisations
Each state and territory in Australia has its own government tourism agency that works with industry. The role of the State Tourism Organisations (STOs) is to support the development and marketing of sustainable tourism destinations and experiences within their state, to increase awareness and attract visitors.
Regional and Local Tourism Organisations
Regional tourism is a vital sector of the Australian economy and key to the sustainability and vibrancy of many communities. Australian Regional Tourism Limited is the peak national body representing regional tourism organisations.
Local tourism organiations and strengthen local tourism businesses by liaising with regional tourism authorities and state bodies on behalf of operators. Operators are encouraged to make contact and participate with the local regional tourism organisation in their area.
Australian Tourism Industry Councils
Australian tourism industry associations
- Australian Tourism Industry Council Ltd
- Australian Tourism Accreditation Program
- Australian Tourism Awards
- Accommodation Association of Australia
- Association of Australian Convention Bureaux
- Australian Federation of Travel Agents (AFTA)
- Australian Hotels Association
- Australian Tourism Export Council (ATEC)
- Hosted Accommodation Australia Ltd
- Business Events Council of Australia
- Caravan Industry Association of Australia
- Ecotourism Australia
- Exhibition and Event Association of Australasia
- Gay and Lesbian Tourism Australia
- Restaurant and Catering Australia
- Star Ratings Australia
- Sustainable Tourism Cooperative Research Centre
- Tourism Accommodation Australia (TAA)
- Tourism Research Australia
- Tourism and Transport Forum
- Wine Australia