Who's who in the tourism industry
Tourism Australia is the Australian Government agency responsible for international tourism marketing. Tourism Australia’s role is to:
- Influence people to travel to and throughout Australia.
- Increase the economic benefits to Australia from tourism.
- Help foster a sustainable tourism industry in Australia.
Find out more about Australia's tourism policy via Austrade, The Australian Trade Commission.
State and Territory Tourism Organisations
Each state and territory in Australia has its own government tourism agency that works with industry. The role of the State Tourism Organisations (STOs) is to support the development and marketing of sustainable tourism destinations and experiences within their state, to increase awareness and attract visitors.
Australian tourism industry associations
- Australian Tourism Industry Council Ltd
- Australian Tourism Accreditation Program
- Australian Tourism Awards
- Accommodation Association of Australia
- Association of Australian Convention Bureaux
- Australian Federation of Travel Agents (AFTA)
- Australian Hotels Association
- Australian Tourism Export Council (ATEC)
- Business Events Council of Australia