What does Tourism Australia do?
Tourism Australia is the Australian Government agency responsible for attracting international visitors to Australia, both for leisure and business events. We are acknowledged as one of the most innovative and successful tourism marketing organisations in the world.
Our workforce comprises around 220 people approximately half of whom are based in our head office in Sydney, Australia and half across 11 regional offices in Auckland, Frankfurt, Hong Kong, Kuala Lumpur, London, Los Angeles, Mumbai, Seoul, Shanghai, Singapore and Tokyo.
Find out more about Tourism Australia and the Australian tourism industry structure.
Have a look at our YouTube page for featured Tourism Australia campaigns.
What kind of candidates is Tourism Australia looking for?
We are looking for individuals who can embody our behaviours of:
- United – we are one team: This means we need to value relationships, communicate openly, respect others' opinions, and be inclusive and fair
- Positive – we are optimistic: This means we need to believe in ourselves and each other, nurture talent, look for opportunities to develop, and be welcoming
- Genuine – we are authentic: This means we believe in what we do, act with integrity at all times, accept responsibility, and offer constructive solutions
- Commercial – we deliver results: This means we need to ensure we add value, engage with risk and have confidence in our judgement, commit to excellence, think strategically at all levels
- Innovative – we are creative thinkers: This means we try new and daring ideas, learn from our successes and failures, collaborate globally, and look for opportunities to improve.
What are the benefits of working with Tourism Australia?
- Experience and insight into the marketing and research of the tourism industry
- Parental leave
- Career break leave
- Competitive superannuation: 15.4 per cent which is above the legislated minimum. Employees are able to elect to reduce this to the statutory minimum, with any difference treated as taxable earnings*
- Flexible working arrangements
- Learning and development opportunities
- Health & Well Being Program: subsidy towards a health program, health and fitness membership or sporting equipment
* Varies by country
Where can I learn about available opportunities with Tourism Australia?
Tourism Australia's worldwide vacancies are advertised on our job opportunities page. Positions are also advertised in Australia on our LinkedIn careers page and Seek.