Successful applicants will have the opportunity to work alongside experienced industry professionals to gain insights and pivotal skills in the tourism and marketing sector. Placements are available in various business units within Tourism Australia’s Sydney office that align with and complement applicants’ studies and careers interests. These include:
- Business Events: promotes Australia as a business and major events destination.
- Corporate Communications: manages the internal and external communications for Tourism Australia and with other government bodies.
- Global Insights: manages a comprehensive international and domestic market research and analysis program and generates insights about customers and markets for use in the strategic decision making process.
- Consumer/Brand Marketing: provides strategic direction to Tourism Australia in the ongoing development of the brand, as well as taking a leadership role in guiding our consumer marketing and brand strategies.
- Digital Marketing
- Event Management
- International Operations: supports the development and implementation of marketing activities across the world, including aviation development projects managed.
- Global Public Relations: Our team works with our global PR network and the Australian tourism industry to generate editorial coverage about Australia in the world's media channels and through advocacy programs. As Tourism Australia's story teller, we are responsible for generating news and advocacy across traditional and digital channels.
- Corporate Services: providing practical experience for Business, Law, Commerce students in the areas of Human Resources, Finance, Technology and Legal.
Please ensure you specify your area of interest when you submit your application.