Australian pop icon, Kylie Minogue, invites Brits Down Under.
Australian pop icon, Kylie Minogue, delivered a special message to the United Kingdom (UK) on Christmas Day 2019, as part of a new $15 million Tourism Australia campaign, titled Matesong, aimed at enticing more Brits Down Under.
This is the largest investment Tourism Australia has made in the UK in more than a decade.
At a time of uncertainty in the UK, the light-hearted musical tribute represents a symbolic hand of friendship from Australia that warmly celebrates the deep and longstanding ties that exist between the two countries.
Matesong premiered on British television directly before the Queen’s annual Christmas Day address.
The UK is one of Australia’s largest and most important inbound markets and is the first activation of Tourism Australia’s recently launched Come Live Our Philausophy campaign.
Watch a snippet of Matesong here
Get involved with Matesong by:
- Sharing the video from Tourism Australia’s social platforms:
- Using the specially designed quokka emoji on Twitter by tagging #matesong.
- Sharing the lyrics with your friends.
- Inviting friends and family in the UK to come Down Under by sending them some Mates Rates.
- Recreating Kylie’s style.
- Leveraging Come Live Our Philausophy.