Events Marketing Support
Events play an important part in Tourism Australia’s international marketing strategy of inviting the world to experience the Australian way of life. According to the International Visitor Survey, in the last 12 months, 17% (or 1.4 million visitors) of all international visitors to Australia attended an organised sporting event, festival, fair or cultural celebration (IVS June 2018).
Tourism Australia promotes a vibrant calendar of events and festivals to increase destination awareness and intention to travel. Major events that have the potential to deliver significant economic and strategic marketing benefits, like the ICC T20 World Cup Australia 2020, are promoted in international marketing activities in key source markets.
Event investment and sponsorship
As the Australian Government agency responsible for attracting international visitors to travel to and through Australia, Tourism Australia provides marketing and publicity support (see below) to established internationally relevant events. Tourism Australia is not resourced to provide product development or funding support for events.
If you are looking for financial investment, sponsorship, product development advice and/or hosting support please contact your relevant State Tourism Organisation. These bodies are responsible for attracting, nurturing and delivering events for their region.
Working with Tourism Australia
There are a number of ways for public events and festivals to engage with Tourism Australia, regardless of your business size or budget.
- List your event on the Australian Tourism Data Warehouse for the opportunity to be featured in the State Tourism Organisation websites, Tourism Australia’s Explore Map or “Major” Events Calendar on Australia.com.
- Send us your news and rights-free imagery to promote in our media, publicity and content activities.
- Join in our social media programs.
- Access photographs and footage free of charge for your websites and marketing programs.
- Get involved with our international media hosting program.
- Keep up-to-date with industry news and opportunities by registering for Essentials our weekly enewsletter; follow us on Twitter and join in discussions on LinkedIn.
- For more ways to engage with Tourism Australia download the Working with Tourism Australia Guide.