Remarkable Rocks, Kangaroo Island, South Australia © Julie Fletcher
International Market Performance Statistics
Find the latest performance by country and purpose, places international visitors visited in Australia, how many stopovers they made, the place of origin of international visitors and trend charts on arrivals and spend.
In this section are two interactive dashboards that directly connect with the key tourism data sources:
- The market performance chart can be filtered by market of origin and will show a range of data including how much they spent, places they visited and trend charts on arrivals and spend.
- The visitor arrivals chart further down the page will show more up-to-date statistics on international visitor arrivals as it is based on the ABS data which is released monthly.
Quarterly market performance
- Use the dropdown filters to customise the report
- Use the arrow on the bottom bar to click through to the other reports
- Hover over the bar and line charts to see more information
- To click on more than one filter selection, hold down the CTRL key.
- To make the report larger, click on the double sided arrow icon on the bottom right on the grey bar
Monthly visitor arrivals
Visitor arrivals highlights for July 2023
- There were 625 thousand visitor arrivals during the month of July 2023, down 21% relative to July 2019.
- There were 6.2 million visitor arrivals for year ending July 2023, a decrease of 34% when compared to the year ending July 2019.
Interactive arrivals dashboard
Use the date and market drop-down filters on the interactive dashboard below to view the number of international arrivals who visit Australia on a monthly and year ending basis.
Upcoming release dates
|13 October 2023||Overseas Arrivals and Departures, August 2023|
|14 November 2023||Overseas Arrivals and Departures, September 2023|
|16 January 2024||Overseas Arrivals and Departures, November 2023|
|15 February 2024||Overseas Arrivals and Departures, December 2023|
Archive market table
View past 'Overseas Arrivals and Departures' data.