Market Performance Statistics
In this section are two interactive dashboards that directly connect with the key tourism data sources.
The market performance chart can be filtered by market of origin and will show a range of data including how much they spent, places they visited and trend charts on arrivals and spend. The interactive chart is updated quarterly with the release of TRA’s International Visitor Survey.
The visitor arrivals chart further down the page will show more up-to-date statistics on international visitor arrivals as it is based on the ABS data which is released monthly.
Quarterly market performance
- Use the dropdown filters to customise the report
- Use the arrow on the bottom bar to click through to the other reports
- Hover over the bar and line charts to see more information
- To click on more than one filter selection, hold down the CTRL key.
- To make the report larger, click on the double sided arrow icon on the bottom right on the grey bar
Monthly visitor arrivals
Visitor arrivals highlights for December 2019
- There were 1,077,800 visitor arrivals during the month of December, up 1.9 per cent relative to the same period of the previous year.
- There were 9.47 million visitor arrivals for year ending December 2019, an increase of 2.4 per cent relative to the previous year.
Interactive arrivals dashboard
Use the date and market drop-down filters on the interactive dashboard below to view the number of international arrivals who visit Australia on a monthly and year ending basis.
Upcoming release dates
16 March 2020
|Overseas Arrivals and Departures, January 2020|
15 April 2020
|Overseas Arrivals and Departures, February 2020|
|12 May 2020||Overseas Arrivals and Departures, March 2020|
|15 June 2020||Overseas Arrivals and Departures, April 2020|
|13 July 2020||Overseas Arrivals and Departures, May 2020|
|14 August 2020||Overseas Arrivals and Departures, June 2020|
|11 September 2020||Overseas Arrivals and Departures, July 2020|
|13 October 2020||Overseas Arrivals and Departures, August 2020|
|12 Novemeber 2020||Overseas Arrivals and Departures, September 2020|
Archive market table