Remarkable Rocks, Kangaroo Island, South Australia © Julie Fletcher
International Market Performance Statistics
In this section are two interactive dashboards that directly connect with the key tourism data sources.
The market performance chart can be filtered by market of origin and will show a range of data including how much they spent, places they visited and trend charts on arrivals and spend.
The visitor arrivals chart further down the page will show more up-to-date statistics on international visitor arrivals as it is based on the ABS data which is released monthly.
Quarterly market performance
- Use the dropdown filters to customise the report
- Use the arrow on the bottom bar to click through to the other reports
- Hover over the bar and line charts to see more information
- To click on more than one filter selection, hold down the CTRL key.
- To make the report larger, click on the double sided arrow icon on the bottom right on the grey bar
Monthly visitor arrivals
Visitor arrivals highlights for May 2022
- There were 231 thousand visitor arrivals during the month of May, down 65 per cent relative to May 2019 or up 540 per cent relative to May 2021.
- There were 928 thousand visitor arrivals for year ending May 2022, a decrease of 90 per cent when compared to the year ending May 2019 or up 676 per cent compared to the year ending May 2021.
Interactive arrivals dashboard
Use the date and market drop-down filters on the interactive dashboard below to view the number of international arrivals who visit Australia on a monthly and year ending basis.
Upcoming release dates
|15 June 2022||Overseas Arrivals and Departures, April 2022|
|12 July 2022||Overseas Arrivals and Departures, May 2022|
|16 August 2022||Overseas Arrivals and Departures, June 2022|
|13 September 2022||Overseas Arrivals and Departures, July 2022|
|11 October 2022||Overseas Arrivals and Departures, August 2022|
|15 November 2022||Overseas Arrivals and Departures, September 2022|
Archive market table