Using Social Media
Getting the most out of your own social media channels.
We’ve created a four-part video series looking at how the Australian tourism industry can get the most out of social media.
In this video, the fourth and final in our social media education series, social experts Nick Henderson and Novy Wong answer questions from operators. They cover a number of topics including current social trends, how to create great social content on a budget, and provide examples of operators who are doing well in this space. To view the other videos in the series be sure to click on the thumbnails below.
Our Social Media Program
Tourism Australia's Social Media Program focuses on stimulating conversations about Australia through key platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest.
Our Facebook page has a high level of engagement and concentrates on showcasing beautiful and unique images from all over Australia. We mainly post user-generated content, which encourages fans to continue sharing their own stories and experiences on an ongoing basis.
Tourism Australia's Instagram profile showcases the best shots from around Australia on a daily basis, which are chosen from followers who upload and tag their photos with #seeaustralia.
Our consumer and corporate Twitter accounts provide interesting news, photos, updates and facts about Australia.
How to get involved with our social media activities
- Join in our social media conversations by visiting:
- Upload your photos directly from your business Facebook profile to the Tourism Australia Facebook page and participate in fan conversations on our wall or in the comments on our posts.
- Hashtag your Instagram photos with #seeaustralia or tag them @australia for the opportunity to be featured on the Tourism Australia profile.
- Tweet your news or any interesting images to @Australia on Twitter.
- Download our social media factsheet here.
View the ‘Share Australia, Australia!’ video below for more information about sharing your content on Tourism Australia’s social media channels.