Disaster recovery information and resources
A range of Australian Government relief and support is available to help tourism businesses deal with the impacts of natural disasters such as bushfires and floods.
- To check if a bushfire or other extreme weather event in your local area has been declared a disaster visit Disaster Assist.
- Comprehensive information about support for those affected by declared disasters can be found on the website of the Australian Government’s National Recovery and Resilience Agency recovery.gov.au.
- For information about available support specific to your local area visit Recovery Connect.
- To find about potential tax relief or advice phone the Australian Taxation Office Emergency Support Infoline on 1800 806 218 or visit the ATO website.
- For free, confidential financial counselling call the National Debt Helpline on 1800 007 007 or visit Financial Counselling Australia.
Support for individuals & families
- If you or your family have been affected by a natural disaster you may be eligible for services or financial support such as the Australian Government’s Disaster Recovery Payment; or Disaster Recovery Allowance. Information about these payments is available at Services Australia.
- For information about additional assistance available within your state or territory, contact the relevant agency below:
Mental health Services
A comprehensive list of mental health services is available at https://recovery.gov.au/recovery-support/mental-health-and-wellbeing. You can also contact the following:
Open for Business - Bushfire Recovery videos
Tourism Australia and the National Bushfire Recovery Agency have collaborated to develop a series of bushfire recovery videos, which illustrate the recovery of communities impacted by the 2019/20 summer bushfires.