Tourism Trade Ready and the Australian Tourism Toolkit
Gain fundamental knowledge and find resources to help you trade effectively with the international market.
Tourism Trade Ready program
This introductory course to inbound tourism and accompanying guide has been produced by the Australian Tourism Export Council (ATEC) in partnership with Tourism Australia, and as a result of collaborative participation from all state and territory tourism organisations. This toolkit contains advice on how to:
- Grasp the travel distribution system and its rate structure;
- Research international markets to establish who will use your products;
- Recognise the different travel styles of inbound travellers;
- Develop a marketing plan to target international visitors through a range of mediums and distribution channels; and
- Seek advice from your local, regional and state tourism organisation.
The Australian Tourism Toolkit
The Australian Tourism Toolkit is designed to provide you with the basic tools, knowledge and key contacts needed to enter the export tourism market. This information, combined with advice and assistance from tourism associations, industry bodies and tourism operators, will put you on the path to inbound tourism know-how.